Shopping Mall Forum

Cooking Discussion Forum
Cooking Forum - Discuss cooking and recipes!
What are you cooking?â„¢

Cooking Discussion ForumGeneralSalads and Salad Dressings › Endive Salad w/cranberry vinaigrette
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Endive Salad w/cranberry vinaigrette (Read 830 times)
ERegular
Cooking Discussion Member

I Love Cooking Discussion

Endive Salad w/cranberry vinaigrette
Nov 9th, 2010 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
6 med Belgian Endives
1/2 cup walnuts
4 oz Gorgonzola bleu cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 cups cranberry juice
1 cup sugar
1/4-1/2 cup sherry vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil(not evoo)
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/8 cup walnut oil
1 T finely crushed walnuts
1/8 cup vegetable oil
S/P

Im not very good with measurements but I got it as close as it'll get.  I cook by taste so do what seems right to your palate.

Roast your walnuts at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes.
Put your cranberry juice into a small pot with 1 cup sugar and simmer it until it reduces to a syrup consistency when cooled.  Let cool, add your sherry vinegar, and whisk in your oil in a thin stream to create a good emulsion. Season with s/p.
Melt your bleu cheese into your heavy cream in order to create a creamy consistency. Reserve some if you'd like some on top of your salad.
Slice the endives longways and remove the bitter core at the base of each half.  Julienne or slice your endives longways to create 1/8in strands, or however you prefer.
To plate:  Place your gorgonzola cream mixture on the plate, or at the base of the salad.  
To bulk it up, place 2 whole endive leaves over the gorgonzola cream. Dress your endive strips with your cranberry vinaigrette, s/p, and place over your whole endive leaves.  Top with roasted walnuts, dried cranberries, and bits of gorgonzola. Mix Walnut oil, finely crushed walnuts, and veg oil.  Sprinkle around salad.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Cooking Discussion ForumGeneralSalads and Salad Dressings › Endive Salad w/cranberry vinaigrette
Cooking Discussion Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Rules, Privacy Policy and information about cookingdiscussion.com