Shopping Mall Forum

Cooking Discussion Forum
Cooking Forum - Discuss cooking and recipes!
What are you cooking?™

Cooking Discussion ForumGeneralWine, Table Wines, Cooking with wine › Thanksgiving Wines
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Thanksgiving Wines (Read 1,242 times)
frank
Global Moderator

I Love Cooking Discussion

Thanksgiving Wines
Nov 30th, 2010 at 11:01am
Print Post  
No real reviews just a list.

I always urge people to drink local or at least American wines at our national harvest celebration, but I was having duck on Thanksgiving and I like red Burgundy with duck

So on Thursday with my roast duck I had Drouhin's generic Bourgogne, the LaForet Bourgogne Pinot Noir. Screwcap, what a surprise. Nice earthy aromas and flavors to go with some bright, tart fruit in this light-bodied wine. For afters I went with a New Jersey made "port"-styled wine made from the Cynthiana grape, Valenzano Winery's Jersey Devil. One could taste the 'foxiness' of this native American grape in the finish of this not sweet but not overly sweet dessert wine.

Saturday with turkey I swapped continental and American around and drank a Foris Oregon Pinot Noir with dinner. I've had more PNs by Foris, but I like their Cab't better. I enjoyed a '01 Chateau Haut Bernasse Monbazillac after. Wish I had been home to finish that very honeyed and rich wine which was a little funky on the finish. Lovely dark amber color, honey and botrytis aroma.

So, what did you drink?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Cooking Discussion ForumGeneralWine, Table Wines, Cooking with wine › Thanksgiving Wines
Cooking Discussion Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Rules, Privacy Policy and information about cookingdiscussion.com