Shopping Mall Forum

Cooking Discussion Forum
Cooking Forum - Discuss cooking and recipes!
What are you cooking?β„’

Cooking Discussion ForumGeneralAsian Cooking Forum › Rice Vermicelli with Grilled Shrimp (Bun Tom Xao)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rice Vermicelli with Grilled Shrimp (Bun Tom Xao) (Read 1,344 times)
weakqueen99
Cooking Discussion Full Member

I Love Cooking Discussion

Rice Vermicelli with Grilled Shrimp (Bun Tom Xao)
Jul 31st, 2011 at 8:58am
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I love the flavors of southeast Asia, and one of my very favorites of all is Vietnamese rice vermicelli dishes. My favorite one? Bun Tom Xao – noodles topped with delicious spicy fish sauce (Nuoc Cham), fresh raw veggies, grilled tiger prawns, and garnished with fresh basil, cilantro, fried onions and peanuts. Its so simple, so light, and I recently realized – SO easy to make at home! Most of it can be prepared in advance – so making it for company was a breeze. When people arrived, all we had to do was fire up the grill and enjoy the evening.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

There are a few basic items that are essential to make Bun dishes (Bun is Vietnamese for rice vermicelli noodles) – fresh crisp bean sprouts, Nuoc Cham, fresh basil and cilantro, some spicy chili’s and of course the delicious noodles. The rest seems to be slightly different everywhere I go – so I just made a version with all of my favorites and with one slightly non-Vietnamese addition – Peanut sauce. I happen to love spicy peanut sauce. So, instead of topping with chopped peanuts, I served with peanut sauce instead. This sauce keeps well in the fridge – so make plenty extra and use it in stir-fry, as a dipping sauce for meat, tofu or spring rolls, or even as a salad dressing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Cooking Discussion ForumGeneralAsian Cooking Forum › Rice Vermicelli with Grilled Shrimp (Bun Tom Xao)
Cooking Discussion Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Rules, Privacy Policy and information about cookingdiscussion.com