Shopping Mall Forum

Cooking Discussion Forum
Cooking Forum - Discuss cooking and recipes!
What are you cooking?™

Cooking Discussion ForumGeneralCooking Discussion › Making Healthy Food Choices in Your Busy Life!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Making Healthy Food Choices in Your Busy Life! (Read 8,449 times)
tdasia
Cooking Discussion Member

I Love Cooking Discussion

Making Healthy Food Choices in Your Busy Life!
Aug 4th, 2012 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
As you know - I have been on a health kick...so today I've got some tips for making healthy food chioces to help you on your road to a better life!

1. Make dinner time a social experience.
Dinner should be about enjoying your company and taking pleasure in the foods you're eating.
Dinner becomes a great experience when you're able to enjoy healthy foods together. Take time to eat as a family and enjoy a real conversation with each other. Talking will naturally slow down your eating pace, while also reconnecting you with your family members.
When you begin to look at mealtime as a social experience, it becomes easier to make the right choices about healthy foods. Suddenly you aren't so worried about rushing through and making it quick.

2. Avoid temptation.
It's so easy to walk into the store with good intent, but walk out with bags full of unhealthy foods. Unfortunately, our wills are weak, especially if we've trained ourselves over the years to buy junk foods.
* Think of healthier alternatives to your family's favorite unhealthy foods. Rather than high calorie chips, try trail mixes or rice cakes. Low calorie puddings or frozen yogurts are better alternatives to higher fat ice creams.
* Never shop when you're hungry. This way you won't pick out unhealthy choices because they look good at the moment.
* Get rid of the unhealthy foods in your home. If they aren't around, you won't be tempted to eat them.
Healthy Food List - Smart Goal Setting For a Complete Diet

3. Eat fast and healthy meals at home.
When you're tired at the end of the day and you realize you still have to feed the family, it's easy to go to a fast food chain and throw fast food on the table. It may save some time, but it won't save your health - or your pocket book!

4. Eat Slower.
Since the brain takes about 20 minutes to get the signal that the stomach is full, if you eat too fast you'll pack in a lot more food than you need.

Healthy Food List : (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Stevey
Cooking Discussion Member

I Love Cooking Discussion

Re: Making Healthy Food Choices in Your Busy Life!
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Don't forget about a low carb bread my friend, it is much healthier then the normal, white one.

"What's better than waking up early, make yourself a cup of coffee, smell the fresh <a href=" (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)">bread</a> straight out of the oven, and listen to birds chirping out

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Cooking Discussion ForumGeneralCooking Discussion › Making Healthy Food Choices in Your Busy Life!
Cooking Discussion Forum

Shopping Mall Forum

Rules, Privacy Policy and information about cookingdiscussion.com